Learn how Dr. Ballrik, a full time orthodontist with 2 offices, is using the CephX service to save almost 8 hours every month, while getting higher accuracy and peace of mind.
About Dr. Ballrick
Dr. John Ballrick runs 2 orthodontic offices in Fairview-park and Westlake, Ohio USA. Dr. Ballrick followed in the footsteps of his father, Dr. James W. Ballrick who has practiced orthodontics since 1971. Dr. John Ballrick graduated Summa cum Laude from The Ohio State University College of Dentistry. He received his advanced specialty degree in orthodontics from Case Western Reserve University. His research on advanced 3D imaging is published in the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics. In addition to his degrees and published research in the American Journal of Orthodontics on advanced 3D imaging, Dr. Ballrick has earned numerous awards and achievements including:
- Robert E. Lauer Award for outstanding performance in the dental anatomy program
- The Orville E. Russel Award of Excellence
- 2004 Basch Memorial Scholarship Award recipient
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Inductee
- The William S. Kramer Award of Excellence
- The prestigious Alpha Omega Award for attaining the highest academic standing
- Member of the Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- The American Academy of Implant Dentistry Certificate of Recognition for outstanding achievement, both academically and clinically, in implant dentistry
- The American Association of Orthodontists Award for exceptional interest in the development of the oro-facial complex
- The Sanford Neuger Award for clinical excellence in orthodontics
- The B. Holly Broadbent Award for excellence in orthodontic research
The CephX Service
Dr. Ballrick has 10-15 Cephalometric x-rays a week that requires tracing and analysis. “Before using CephX, I had my staff trained to do it for me. But the accuracy wasn’t exactly there so I found myself editing points and reviewing everything. Eventually I went back doing it myself”, says Dr. Ballrick.
CephX Artificial-Intelligence based algorithm performs automatic, immediate Cephalometric analysis, a template of dental and skeletal relationship of human skull, used by orthodontists and oral and maxillofacial surgeons as a treatment planning tool. CephX works from the cloud, providing service to over 1,000 users world-wide, also integrated into leading European dental-imaging manufacturers such as Sirona, Planmeca and NewTom.
“Before using CephX I used to spend 5-10 minutes to generate an analysis for a single patient. When I did the math, it added up to almost 8 hours every month on Cephalometric analysis. Time is my most valuable asset, and with CephX I can spend this time elsewhere, not in front of my computer”, continues Dr. Ballrick. “Having immediate Cephalometric analysis can very valuable when patients come in for a consultation. I’m always striving to use the latest technologies in any aspect, and AI is the future for dental imaging.”